Onex Falcon was formed in December 2020 through the acquisition of Falcon Investment Advisors by a subsidiary of Toronto-based Onex Corporation, a global investment firm focused in private equity, credit, and wealth management. This acquisition expands Onex’ established credit platform and solidifies its market position as a leader in tradeable, private and opportunistic credit. Onex Falcon has $3.9 billion of capital under management and has invested $4.8 billion on behalf of investors since founding. Onex Falcon is currently investing out of a $1.32 billion Private Credit Opportunities Fund VI and a $302 million Structured Equity Fund.
Falcon was founded in 2000 as an alternative private credit asset management firm, providing one-stop financing solutions to leading middle market companies in the U.S. and Canada. Located in Boston and New York, the firm specializes in creating customized financing solutions to both sponsor and non-sponsor owned companies with an emphasis on relationship and creativity.
Onex Credit has a successful 19-year track record executing a disciplined approach to credit investing with a focus on capital preservation and achieving strong risk adjusted returns through credit cycles. The Onex Credit team’s experience spans credit investing through its CLO platform and adjacent strategies, high yield bonds, opportunistic and structured credit, and middle market lending.
Onex Falcon combines Falcon’s significant experience in specialized private credit and non-control structured equity investing with the scale, global distribution, and diverse investment and origination capabilities of Onex Credit and the broader Onex franchise. This combination creates a powerful force in private credit markets levering the considerable resources of a global asset manager while retaining the boutique culture of Falcon.
- Onex Falcon is a scaled and differentiated private credit platform
- Falcon joined a multi-strategy credit manager providing increased capabilities and options for issuers and investors
- Significant financial, human and other resources of a leading global asset manager provides strong support for growth and product expansion
- Enhanced sourcing, diligence and investment capabilities through partnership with members of the Onex franchise
The Onex Falcon team has a well-earned reputation for flexibility and responsiveness. Since inception, Falcon has invested in over one hundred companies through various business, financial and economic cycles and conditions.
Founded in 1984, Onex manages and invests capital on behalf of its shareholders, institutional investors and high net worth clients from around the world. Onex’ platforms include:
- Onex Partners, private equity funds focused on mid- to large-cap companies in North America and Western Europe
- ONCAP, private equity funds focused on middle market and smaller opportunities in North America
- Onex Credit, which manages primarily non-investment grade debt through tradeable, private and opportunistic credit strategies
- Gluskin Sheff’s wealth management services including its actively managed public equity and public credit funds.
Differentiated Origination Platform
The combined Onex Falcon culture places an emphasis on relationship, client-service and creativity. Through long term partnerships earned and developed over years, we take a consultative and value-added approach to partnering with entrepreneurs, management teams, intermediaries and sponsors to create capital structure solutions that solve complex financing needs. Onex Falcon’s senior investment professionals have diverse backgrounds and long tenures working together and in the industry. Onex Falcon professionals have developed a strength in creatively structuring investments to fit each company’s specific situation.
- 50+ person team, with 30+ investment professionals, located in Boston and New York
- Deep industry relationships with regional banks, investment banks, private equity sponsors, family offices, intermediaries and other service providers
- Onex Falcon’s senior investment professionals actively lead each investment opportunity, ensuring that companies receive high touch and senior oversight
- One-stop capital provider with solutions up and down the balance sheet
- Deep domain and industry knowledge and specialization across investment team at Onex Falcon, augmented by 20+ credit research analysts at Onex Credit
- Collaboration with 100+ investment professionals across Onex to generate incremental industry knowledge and opportunities